HUGS NOT HARM
Hugs Not Harm is a National Community Initiative to bring Police/Fire Men and Women together with parents and children of their communities in order to restore and preserve the connection between community and First Responders.
We want our youth to trust that in an emergency situation our First Responders are available to help.
We ALL must do our part to unite and build community!
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS
ORGANIZE YOUR FREE HUGS NOT HARM EVENT
- Invite your School, Churches or Local Community Centers to host the event.
- Decide on a day and time for the event.
- Invite children and their parents to attend and take the Code 9 Hugs Not Harm Pledge.
- We provide all the materials FREE!
Your community will receive:
- • Hugs Not Harm Children’s T-shirts
- • Hugs Not Harm Custom Certificates
- • Code 9 Project Wristbands
- All you need is a laptop and Smart Phone Camera
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE EVENT?
You help the Parents and children take the online pledge via a laptop.
Parents MUST accompany and consent for child’s participation.
- The child then receives a custom certificate, their t-shirt and a wristband
- Next, Child and parent take a photo with the local first responders. (hugs not harm shirt and certificate visible in photo)
- Post your first responder pledge pictures on your social media sites and tag code 9 project so we can share your community building efforts
- YOU HAVE DONE IT! You are doing your part to restore and build community!
We all must do our part to put the unity back in our community!